BreadStack, the all-in-one commerce solution provider for eCommerce businesses, is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Manager of Software Engineering to lead our software engineering team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in full-stack web development, possess excellent leadership and communication skills, and have a proven track record of managing high-performing teams. As the Manager of Software Engineering, you will be responsible for fostering team growth, driving innovation, and ensuring the successful delivery of high-quality, scalable software solutions that address both customer needs and business goals.
- Build, lead, and mentor a team of software engineers, providing technical guidance and support as needed.
- Foster team growth, emerging leadership, continuing education, and improvements of your team’s skills.
- Lead all aspects of your team’s software development lifecycle, working to improve processes and practices.
- Manage performance and provide ongoing coaching and feedback to help team members grow and develop their skills.
- Seek out and recommend training and personal development opportunities for team members and self.
- Work closely with product management to define and prioritize technical projects, and ensure that your team delivers high-quality, scalable software solutions that address both customer needs and business goals.
- Collaborate with other technology and product leadership to develop the technology vision for our platform.
Skills and Experience Needed for Success in This Role:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer, with at least 3 years of experience managing a team of software engineers.
- Strategic thinker who can craft and execute a vision for the group that moves the larger organizational goals forward.
- Ability to clearly communicate to a broad range of audiences, including customers, internal and external stakeholders, management, engineering peers, and others across a broad range of technical and non-technical backgrounds through visual flowcharts and systems diagrams.
- Demonstrated technical leadership in full-stack web development, ideally using Python and Django/Flask/FastAPI
- Experience with agile development methodologies and tools (e.g., JIRA, Scrum, Kanban).
- Experience effectively leading and motivating a technical team in multiple time zones.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with security systems to handle payment processing and dataflow for 3rd party integrations via APIs.
- Production experience working with massively-adopted (100k+ users) mobile applications.
- Experience working with startups/fast-moving teams.
Experience seamless business operations like never before with BreadStack, the all-in-one commerce solution engineered to elevate your eCommerce transformation. Powered by cutting-edge data analytics, BreadStack streamlines your operations by intelligently recommending the next best action based on your business performance. Our cloud-based CRM platform is meticulously crafted to deliver personalized, omnichannel experiences that exceed your customers’ expectations while unlocking new growth opportunities for your business. With BreadStack, you’ll gain unparalleled insights into your operations, enabling you to make data-driven decisions that propel your business forward. Embrace the future of eCommerce with BreadStack’s robust suite of tools, and watch as your business operations become a well-oiled machine, ready to tackle the ever-evolving demands of the digital landscape. Join us now and transform the way you run your business, one smart action at a time.